One of my new favorite pumpkin recipes, just in time for fall!
- FOR THE CRUST:
- 16 whole Original Oreo Cookies (mine are gluten free)
- 4 Tablespoons Butter, Melted
- FOR THE FILLING:
- 8 ounces, weight Cream Cheese, softened
- ¾ cups Plain Pumpkin Puree
- ½ cups Granulated Sugar
- ½ teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- ¼ teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoons Ground Nutmeg
- FOR THE CREAM:
- ½ cups Heavy Cream
- 3 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- ¼ teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Chopped And Toasted Walnuts, For Garnish (optional)
Preparation InstructionsFor the crust, in a food processor, grind Oreo cookies. Pour in melted butter and pulse to mix. Spoon mixture into 4 individual tart pans (mine were 4 inches x 1/2 inch) and press mixture down and up the sides of the pans. Place into the refrigerator.
For the filling, in a large bowl, whip cream cheese until smooth. Stir in pumpkin puree, sugar, vanilla and spices. Whip 1 minute on high. Scrape sides and mix again another 15 seconds or so until smooth. Divide mixture evenly between tarts and smooth the tops. Return to the refrigerator.
For the cream, whip cream with sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Divide evenly between the four tarts and spread over top. Sprinkle with toasted walnuts. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.