This chicken seemed so simple, yet it was so flavorful! I recommend you give it a try. :)
- 1 3lbs chicken, cut into 8 pieces (breasts, drumsticks, thighs and wings);
- ½ tsp sea salt;
- ½ tsp black pepper;
- 2/3 tsp cinnamon;
- 2 cloves garlic, minced;
- ½ tsp paprika;
- 1 onion, sliced;
- 1 cup water or chicken stock
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, pepper, garlic and cinnamon. Rub the chicken pieces with this mixture and allow it to sit for about 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Place the chicken pieces in a large roasting pan, sprinkle the meat all over with the paprika and add the onion slices to the pan.
- Cook for 35 minutes and then reduce the heat to 350 F.
- Stir in a cup of water to the roasting pan and continue cooking for another 50 minutes.
- Serve and use the juices from the pan as a sauce.