- FOR THE COOKIES:
- 1-½ cup Blanched Almond Flour, Honeyville Brand
- ¼ cups Arrowroot Flour
- ¼ cups Cocoa Powder
- ¼ teaspoons Sea Salt
- ½ teaspoons Baking Soda
- ½ cups Earth Balance Butter, Softened
- ½ cups Sugar Or Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1 whole Egg (A "Flax Egg" Also Works)
- ½ teaspoons Peppermint Extract
- FOR THE CHOCOLATE COATING:
- 15 ounces, weight Enjoy Life Dairy Free Chocolate Chips
- 2 Tablespoons Non-Hydrogenated Shortening (Earth Balance Butter Or Coconut Oil Will Also Work)
- 2 t peppermint extract
2. Beat butter until creamy. Then add sugar and beat until well mixed.
3. Beat in the egg and peppermint.
4. Add the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until dough comes together.
5. Pour dough onto plastic wrap and shape into a cylinder 1 1/2″ inches in diameter. Place in freezer for at least 30 minutes.
6. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
7. Remove from freezer and cut into 1/4″ thick cookies. Place on parchment-lined baking sheet about 1 inch apart. Bake in batches if needed.
8. Bake 10-15 minutes, or until firm to the touch.
9. Cool completely.
10. For the coating, place chocolate chips and shortening in a heatproof bowl. Bring a small pot of water to a simmer. Place the bowl with the chocolate chips on top being careful that the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Remove from heat and stir in the peppermint extract.
11. Use a fork to dip the cookies into the chocolate, allowing the excess chocolate to drip off. Place on parchment-lined baking sheet.
12. Place in fridge uncovered until chocolate has set up, about 30 minutes.
13. Eat and enjoy!